CEPA staff are drawn from leading international banks, consultancies, international financial institutions, private sector developers and academia. We have extensive experience and expertise across a range of issues in economics, finance and public policy, and specifically:
- Micro and macro economics
- Corporate and project finance
- Public policy design and implementation
- Economic regulation and competition policies
- Financial and business modelling
William Rickett C.B.
William is a former civil servant with a Whitehall career of 15 years. He currently works at a senior level in the private sector.
Professor David Newbery
David is one of CEPA’s founders. He is an Emeritus Professor of Applied Economics at the University of Cambridge.
Gaynor is an Associate Director at CEPA. She joined in 2011 having spent 20 years working in the rail industry.
Mark joined CEPA as a full-time Director in May 2002 after more than 10 years in the consultancy practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
Attila is a director of CEPA. He joined the firm in 2014 and is a specialist in the energy sector.
Gary is a highly experienced, global energy sector expert who began his consulting career after working for Ofgem, the GB energy regulator.
Patrick is one of CEPA's directors having joined the firm in 2007. He is an experienced regulatory and financial economist having worked for governments, industry regulators and utility companies across the UK and Europe.
Director, CEPA Pty
Jonathan is a Director at CEPA Pty and head of our Sydney office. He was formerly a director of CEPA from 2003-04.
- Richard Gleed Senior AdvisorRichard is a Senior Advisor with CEPA, focusing on regulatory issues in financial services.Eric Groom PSM Senior AdvisorEric works from CEPA’s Australia office as a Senior Advisor. He has over 35 years’ experience as an economist with a focus on regulation, energy efficiency and greenhouse gas emission reduction.
- Kate Mingay Senior AdvisorKate is a Senior Advisor at CEPA with over twenty years of corporate finance and related commercial experience in infrastructure.Julian Schweitzer Senior AdvisorJulian is a Senior Advisor and Senior Fellow at the Results for Development Institute with over 30 years’ experience in global health and development.
- Jon Stern Senior AdvisorJon Stern is an eminent general public policy economist. He is a senior advisor to CEPA and has held a number of key positions with leading academic institutions, the Government and private companies.Geoff Tyler Senior AdvisorGeoff is an agribusiness specialist with over 40 years’ experience of supporting investment, value-chain development and policy-related issues that impact the agricultural sector in emerging markets.
- Mike Woods Senior AdvisorMike Woods has 20 years of experience in infrastructure regulation and assurance, focussed on benchmarking, financial modelling and asset management. His experience is primarily in the transport but he also has extensive experience in other sectors.Ivan Viehoff Chief EconomistIvan is CEPA's Chief Economist He has more than 25 years of economic consulting experience at Booz & Co and NERA.
- Richard Rodger Head of MarketingRichard is responsible for CEPA's marketing, communications and business development.Cheryl Baum PrincipalCheryl joined CEPA in 2015 as a Principal. She has many years of experience in economic and policy consulting, specialising in project management and stakeholder engagement.
- Joel Cook PrincipalJoel is a Principal at CEPA and has been heading up CEPA's office in Sydney, Australia since May 2015. He is an experienced economist having worked for numerous private sector and public clients relating to regulated utilities.Fernando Dominguez PrincipalFernando leads CEPA’s water practice. He has more than ten years’ experience as a senior regulation and competition economist and has developed his extensive global expertise across all major regulated network industries.
- Kaveri Kumar PrincipalKaveri is a Principal at CEPA, where she manages our Global Health practice. Her expertise is in strategy development and review as well as evaluations of global health partnerships and their programmes.Michael Obanubi PrincipalMichael is a Principal at CEPA having joined the firm in 2008. During his time at CEPA Michael has worked across CEPA Sectors.
- Ben Shafran PrincipalBen is an experienced regulatory economist, project manager and team leader. He has worked in both the UK and Australia on economic regulation in a range of sectors, as well as specialising in energy policy.Tom Cochrane Managing ConsultantTom is a Managing Consultant at CEPA. Since joining in 2009 he has provided economic, financial and regulatory advice.
- Paget Fulcher Managing ConsultantPaget joined CEPA in 2008. He is a Managing Consultant specialising in economic regulation and public policy analysis.Lewis Heather Managing ConsultantLewis joined CEPA in 2016. He has expertise performing economic analysis and designing policy across the electricity and gas market supply chains.
- Clare Strachan Managing ConsultantClare is a Managing Consultent within CEPA's global health team. Her expertise is in maternal, newborn and child health; health systems strengthening and communicable disease control, in particular malaria.Robert Bagnall Senior ConsultantRobert is a Senior Consultant who has worked across a range of sectors since joining CEPA in September 2013. His background is in development economics.
- Oliver Bubb-Humfryes Senior ConsultantOliver is an experienced analyst, modeller and presenter. He has advised governments, regulators, donors, partnerships, and financial institutions across CEPA’s regulation and emerging market practices since joining in 2014.Emmanuella Gentzoglanis Senior ConsultantEmmanuella joined CEPA as a Senior Consultant in 2017. She has worked extensively in the energy and water sectors in the UK, Canada and France and has expertise in economic regulation, policy and strategy.
- Laura Grobicki Senior ConsultantLaura joined CEPA in 2016 and works mainly within the firm’s Global Health practice team.Nick Hodges Senior ConsultantNick is a Senior Consultant at CEPA who has experience in regulation, working across sectors in providing economic and financial advice.
- Shafiq Pandor Senior ConsultantShafiq is a senior consultant at CEPA. He has a background in transport, energy and regulatory economics.Ella Pybus Senior ConsultantElla joined CEPA in 2016 as a Senior Consultant. She has a background in corporate planning and financial analysis, with experience across the Australian, Malaysian and UK energy sectors.
- Margaret Riach Senior ConsultantMargaret joined CEPA in 2013. She works mostly in the transport and energy sectors, assisting regulators, industry bodies and private companies..Andrei Vladareanu Senior ConsultantAndrei is a Senior Consultant at CEPA. He is working on a range of projects across CEPA sectors and service lines.
- Leandro Arias AssociateLeandro joined CEPA as a Managing Consultant in 2012 and is now a CEPA Associate Advisor, working from Buenos Aires.Matthew Cooper AssociateMatthew is a health economist with extensive experience of undertaking qualitative and quantitative analysis for reviews/evaluations and other assignments related to communicable diseases.
- James Gillingham ConsultantJames joined CEPA in 2016. He has a background in macroeconomic research, economic development and transport policy in the UK.Petra Koulia ConsultantPetra is a consultant who works across all disciplines and sectors in which CEEPA is involved.
- Daniel Mitchell ConsultantDaniel Mitchell joined CEPA in 2015 and has an academic background in economics and econometrics. Since joining, Daniel has worked primarily across the energy, water and transport sectors.Aidan O'Hare ConsultantAidan O’Hare is a consultant. He works across all of CEPA’s core areas of practice and is based in the firm’s London office.
- Felicity Pocklington ConsultantFelicity works within CEPA’s Global Health practice. Her expertise is in health systems strengthening.Emily Sprake ConsultantEmily joined CEPA in 2016. She works across CEPA’s regulated sector practice teams, mainly in transport, energy and water.
- Tommaso Autorino EconomistTommaso is an economist at CEPA’s Australian office as. Prior to working for CEPA, Tommaso has worked as a credit analyst with REV, the asset management arm of the Bank of Italy.Jill Fryars EconomistJill is an economist who works across all of CEPA's practice areas. She is currently gaining experience in emerging markets and global health.
- Stephen Garavan EconomistStephen joined CEPA as an economist in 2018. He holds a MSc in Economics from the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics as well as an undergraduate degree in Economics and History from Trinity College Dublin.Will Glevey EconomistWill is an economist with a background in econometrics and regulation. He works across all sectors.
- Eva Schoenwald EconomistEva is an economist at CEPA’s London office. She works across CEPA’s areas of expertise and holds a MSc degree in Economics from the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.Christian Von Drehle EconomistChristian joined CEPA in 2017 as an economist. He works across all of CEPA's sectors.
- Amanda Sharp Logistics ManagerAmanda provides administrative support and is a key contact for office management.Rakhee Pabari Finance and Operations ManagerRakhee supports the executive team at CEPA with the management of all day to day operational and financial responsibilities at the company.