Our work in the Media sector covers the following broad themes:
- Network regulation. CEPA is well-known for its work on network regulation and on regulatory finance for network infrastructure. CEPA applies this expertise across sectors – including energy, water, rail and telecom – and uses experts from its different practice groups to deliver knowledge transfer and comparative studies between network industries.
- Smart Grid. The smart grid sits in the intersection of energy and telecom services and has wide-ranging economic and regulatory implication. CEPA has been advising regulators and Government on various aspects of the UK smart metering programme.
- Postal services. CEPA has worked extensively in the postal sector on regulatory and competition issues, both for Postcomm (the sector regulator, now part of Ofcom) and for Royal Mail.
- Media content. CEPA’s work in this area includes the analysis of demand, pricing, cost-benefit and value for money. In the UK, CEPA has provided advice to public and private sector clients on issues including the costs and benefits of different publishing models, value for money of different licensing options, and pricing strategies for academic journals.
CEPA’s TMT team is founded on a number of key staff and associates and where appropriate, supported by a selection of partner firms who provide additional specialist knowledge.
Our clients in TMT have included universities, academic publishers, economic regulators, postal service providers and research networks. Some of our key clients in the area include but are not limited to:
- JISC (formerly the Joint Information Systems Committee)
- Universities UK
- Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC)
- Oxford University Press (OUP)
- Publishing Research Consortium
- Research Information Network
- Wellcome Trust
Our work in TMT includes projects such as: