CEPA provides a range of advisory services to private agribusinesses, governments, donors, private foundations and their grantees, and global partnerships working in the international agriculture sector. Our work is guided by an aim of helping to create sustainable market opportunities for smallholder and commercial farmers, while simultaneously strengthening policy environments to incentivise investment, uptake of inputs and efficient production. We focus on:
- Improving the financial aspects of agricultural initiatives (e.g. increasing PPP investment finance flows)
- Encouraging private sector participation, including in agricultural R&D
- Facilitating the dissemination and uptake of agricultural technologies by smallholder farmers
- Overcoming barriers to the development of seed, fertilizer, animal vaccine, and extension service value chains and delivery systems in rural areas of emerging markets
Our agriculture team offers a wide range of advisory services, including:
- Strategic and business planning of agricultural value chain investments, grants, interventions, projects and programs.
- Market analysis and economic due diligence on agricultural investment opportunities.
- Agricultural policy analysis and policy program design.
- Structuring PPP, financing and governance options and arrangements for the creation of new investments.
- Ex-ante financial and economic impact modelling and analysis.
- Feasibility and structuring of new, commercially managed, agribusiness risk capital investments.
- Monitoring, review and evaluation of agricultural development projects and programs.
Our team supports both short- and long-term advisory mandates, and is complimented by a wide network of country-based associates, in addition to crop, seed and extension specialists. Our staff offer a specialised, yet diverse, strategic and financial advisory skill set to support programmes across the agricultural sector.
We provide a range of advisory services to private agribusinesses, governments, donors, private foundations and their grantees, and global partnerships. Some examples of clients we have worked with are:
- African Agricultural Development Company (AgDevCo)
- Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
- Governments of Zambia, Kenya and Uganda
- Global Partnership on Output-Based Aid (GPOBA)
- Private foundations (including the world's largest non-profit family foundation)
- The World Bank and International Finance Corporation
In agriculture, our experience includes project such as: